The ‘holy grail’ of business is happy, loyal customers who continually recommend you to people they meet.
So: what do customers REALLY want in order to persuade them to do this?
In a nutshell, ‘customers’ just want three things:
- An easier or better situation (than they have currently)
Customers ALWAYS act emotionally, in order to get a mixture of the above outcomes … there are no exceptions.
So, if you want to be successful, you need to slow down and consider, in every system and process in my business:
- is this building trust with customers?
- Is this making them feel valued / important / giving them attention?
- is this making their life easier or better?
Because, if not, and whether they consciously tell you or not, you CANNOT be successful over the long term if you do not satisfy these needs.
You can’t make an amazing meal out of poor ingredients.
So: how to do this?
Slowly. Step by step.
Look at ONE system or process each week and filter it slowly though each of these needs.
So: how do you know whether the filer is correct or not?
Slowly: by having simple, effective feedback systems that tell you the TRUST about how customers really feel.
Not the ‘happywash’ PR bullshit produced by so many of the shallow systems out there.
Do it slowly: you can’t afford not to.
- Slow down and analyse, step by step, week by week, all your systems and processes… because every chain is only as good as it’s weakest link.
Slow Selling is a UK based not for profit organisation for small business owners.
The aim is to help you grow your business through customer loyalty, reputation and referrals … without all the hype, hassle and nonsense.
To find out more, please click here